Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Feeling the love.....

I don't know what to say!  I attended the Etobicoke Quilters' Guild meeting on Monday night as a new member.  The warm welcome I received, the hugs and good wishes were just overwhelming.  I have to say that I truly feel the "love"!!!!  I am really looking forward to being a part of this wonderful group of quilters.  I also hope to be able to take advantage of Studio C on upcoming Mondays and Wednesdays and also participating in Workshops and Retreats.  

The most wonderful thing I took away from the meeting was the motivation!  Although my health issues are taking their toll on what I can physically accomplish, I still want to get back to the place where I can begin to complete the numerous projects I have waiting in the wings.  Some of them have been put aside because they truly had no destination.  However, Comfort Quilts seem like a great destination, so I am about to go through all of those UFO's and see what can be completed and donated.  It's wonderful to know that our work is needed in the community and I can't wait to get them completed.

I am finally somewhat back on track with my Farmers' Wife project and have completed another block.
 Block # 52 - Hovering Hawks - 24 pieces

This block was needed to complete the next row which I have been working on.  You can see it, it's the 6th block from the top.  I need 3 more blocks to complete this row, one of which I still have to piece.  Then I can attach it to my growing quilt top.....

I am still enjoying the relaxation of the hand piecing as well as the prep work required to do each of the blocks.

Jonathan's friend Theo came by on Saturday night and made us another gourmet meal.  He had been over a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to take a picture of that amazing meal but this time I stopped to take a photo before I dug in......
A perfectly cooked burger with all the accompaniments.  I could only manage to eat 1/2 the burger but it was absolutely outstanding.....he's quite talented.

I certainly haven't been doing much cooking these days.  First because I find it hard to even decide what I want to eat and then it becomes too much trouble.  I haven't been very excited about food lately.  I think it's a side effect of all the drugs, etc. and there's the energy that it takes to actually do anything.  I'd rather save it for other stuff that I enjoy.....

Time for me to get back to my quilting so....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment