Saturday, December 4, 2010

There's something wrong.....

....with this picture!  Well there would be if I could download the two pictures I wanted to share tonight.....

I am the owner of a quilt store and all I seem to be doing these days is knitting?!?!  I finished the blue scarf last night - well I tried to finish it but I miscalculated how much yarn it would take to cast off and was short....When I tried to fix it, I really messed it up but Barb came to the rescue this evening.  After the store closed I begged her to come home and see my clean house and the new carpet (I had alterior motives of course), I made coffee and then sprung the scarf on her.  Her knitting skills are far superior to mine so it wasn't long before she had it all sorted and completed......

Knowing that this would leave me without a knitting project I went to my "stash" and pulled out 3 balls of Chenille to start a scarf for Jonathan.  No sooner had I cast on when he came looking for a scarf to wear.  I'm not that quick so he'll have to wait a few days but I did get it started (wish I could show you - maybe later).  Just didn't feel like getting into the quilting tonight.

Had a great Open House, it seems there were quite a few visitors.....fingers crossed!  There's another one tomorrow so hopefully something will come of it.....

Our Healing Heroes Pot Luck was lovely!  Forgot to take pictures as I got side tracked.  Judy needed 2.5" Thangles for a Demo she's doing at our Guild meeting on Wednesday night.  I had ordered them for the store but they haven't come in yet - so I spent about 1/2 an hour calling quilt stores and found them at Ruti's Needlebed in Streetsville.  I hopped in the car and drove out there to get them......we're a "full service" quilt store you know - if we don't have it we'll find it!  No quilting emergency is too small!

Okay - gotta do a house check and make sure everything is in place for tomorrow so I can enjoy a little Coronation Street in the morning before I rush off to the store.....

Have a great night everyone!

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

  1. So you are coming to the great wilds of Etobicoke. We might even be neighbours. Been in a couple of times and you've not. Understand that there is a lot to do, with all you have been dealing with. Hope to see you during the holidays at the store.
    Hang in there kiddo, things will get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb - sorry I missed you! It's been pretty hectic and eratic and I hope it will all be over soon so I get into the new place and start enjoying it - maybe breathe a bit!

    ReplyDelete