Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm smarter than a 5th grader......

I hate it when my computer thinks it's smarter than me.......I mean I love being able to work with technology but I become absolutely crazy when it gets the better of me like it did last night when I tried to load my photos.  I tried a couple of times and kept getting the message "Server Rejected".....could not for the life of me figure out what I had done wrong or differently!?!?!  Got frustrated and decided I would have to either blow up the computer or give it up for now.....

Tonight I tried to load the pictures and got the same message!?!? ....and I thought - no way - I've loaded pictures in the past - what is going on here!  Well - I figured it out!  I directly accessed the blog page by the address, when I went to load the pictures, I was prompted to Log In - hmmmm, that was different, so I decided to try something different - I signed out and the signed back in again and voila!  I loaded the photos - no problem!
I beat the computer!

So here we have the blue scarf finished......
 ...and here we have Jonathan's scarf - barely started!   I'm much further ahead on it tonight, almost completed the first ball of Chenille and will be starting the second before I head for bed......I better get another project ready to start soon or maybe I should go back to quilting......
So today was another Open House and of course I was subjected to a few choice words from my son when I woke him (at 12:15 P.M.) to take him with me to the store!  He's really not very happy about all this upheavel and I can't say I blame him but he did get one of his favourite meals out of it - I made spaghetti and meat sauce for the girls today for lunch......he also got to watch all the football his little heart desired and it seems by the picture was very comfortable doing it, although not so thrilled about the interruption, too bad, so sad!
 In the meantime, Barb took a shot of me quilting, a rare occurence these days but I'm trying very hard to get a quilt finished for Gillian for tomorrow as she needs it for Thursday and she says she CAN'T do free motion quilting.......Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up for her in the morning......
After the girls left today Barb did her thing, vacuumed, cleaned the washrooms, threw out the garbage, etc. (not so glamourous this job of hers) while I prepared meals for this week and managed to turn the clean kitchen into a disaster area!

We have two birthday's tomorrow so I made a cake - Florida Orange Cake - prepared a Frittata for lunch and made up two batches of Beef Stew!  We had to run the dishwasher again, lol!  It's gonna be a pretty full house tomorrow!  Can't wait to see what everyone's working on......

Barb hung out with me until I was done cooking at around 7:30 P.M., helped me load two crock pots into the car and we both went home.  We really have to get lives!  Although she was knitting while I was chopping and sauteing.

Came home with the full intention of going downstairs to the studio to quilt, maybe do a load of laundry while I'm down there and watch TV, but I ended up turning on the TV upstairs and planting my butt on the sofa, so I knitted instead!  Now I'm off to do the Cock A Doodle blog and then hit the showers!  

Ciao for now!

Jo-Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment