Monday, December 20, 2010

There's something wrong.......




...with this picture!  Here I am complaining how I can't get any of my quilting done and I'm taking on quilting for other people!  I have to learn how to say "NO"!  But I just can't sometimes......

After finally finishing quilting the borders on Gillian's baby quilt - Laurissa came to me and asked me to quilt this quilt for her.  It's a gift for one of the teachers who is retiring at her school - how could I say no!  I'm about half way through so I guess not too bad BUT I don't think I ever want to quilt Black on Black again!  I am really having a hard time with it.....I'm sure you can all relate.....
 Once I finish Laurissa's quilt (and it better be really soon!) I have taken on another "little" project!  As if I have nothing else to do!?!?  This is Gabriella's first quilt, it is a Christmas present for her mother......she doesn't know how to quilt and really wants to give it to her for Christmas, so, again - how could I say no?!?!  It really shouldn't take too long????  Right!!!
Did I tell you the Pork Shoulder story yesterday????  No - okay, so last week Kathy and I are going through cookbooks as I'm planning meals in advance and I see this really good looking recipe for Barbecued Pork!  I figure I can do it for Thursday Sit & Sew, Friday Night Sit & Sew and then again for Monday! 

I go shopping on Wednesday and come back with all the fixing including about 7 pounds of Pork Shoulders and start cooking!  It is a FABULOUS recipe which of course I changed as usual!  Anyway, there was enough for Thursday, enough for Friday but not quite enough for Monday so I needed to get another Pork Shoulder......

I figured that after work Saturday I'd pop over to No Frills and pick one up!  Yeah, not so much!  I picked Jonathan up after work and we stopped at Price Chopper, no Pork Shoulder!  Okay, off to No Frills - nope, sold out!  Okay, so let's try the other No Frills - YES!  One piece - all I need - only took 1-1/2 hours to track that one down!  It's slow cooking as I write this and will be perfect by tomorrow morning - but what an ordeal!  It seems Wednesday is the day for Pork Shoulder - go know!

I spent the afternoon today teaching Amy, a brand new quilter, how to quilt!  It was really fun!  She's trying to get a quilt done for Christmas for her sister who is having a baby in January!  Looks like she'll get it finished in time -she'll be back later this week to learn how to bind it!  She was very patient as we were pretty busy with last minute shoppers today.....

Jonathan was at the store for the afternoon because we were having our last Open House before the holidays - so I put him to work, vacuuming and moving bolts of fabric for me!  I'm relieved that we're done with the Open Houses for the time being (of course if the offer on the house goes through then we're completely done!)....I'm planning on bringing "Sonia" (my darling Janome) home tomorrow night and enjoying her for the next two weeks anyway!

Now is the real test - can I (we) keep the house clean for the next three weeks???!!!  Since I really love coming home to a clean house - I'm sure gonna try......

Okay - gotta get to bed so I can wake up bright and early (cooking to do) and head over to the store, Jonathan's actually working with Rich tomorrow YEAH! so gotta get him up in the morning too!

Nite all - have a great day!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment