Wednesday, July 3, 2013

DAY 1 - A.C. (after Cock A Doodle!)

Today is officially Day 1!  I figure since I would have been off on Sunday and then Monday for the holiday today is really Day 1 - right!

Am I sad - a little, but I know that this was the right thing for me to do.  I really have to get my health on the first priority list or Cock A Doodle will not be the only thing that closes.  Having done pretty much nothing except sleep since Saturday night I can safely say that the last two weeks has taken a toll on me.

(Took a bit of a break just now - went out for a quick coffee with Liz)

The great part of the "big sleep" is that I can actually walk with very little pain and no cane.  It appears I needed rest and after two weeks of constant movement and not feeling up to par - this is great!  I was actually able to go out with Liz for a quick coffee tonight and really enjoyed the novelty of it.  I don't remember the last time I was able to do that - a late evening trip to the coffee shop.

I have done a little work on my Farmer's Wife over the last couple of days which I will figure out how to photograph (I do miss that amazing design wall!).  The house currently looks like a warehouse "Cock A Doodle Quilts West".  I have enough thread to supply about 3,000 quilters and still not use it all!  There are baskets of it!  Of course, there are boxes filled with masses of paperwork which as of tomorrow I really have to get at!!!!  Gotta get the books in order finally and put all that behind me.  Not sure how long that will take but I have a week until I'm back in chemo and will be under the schedule of "how I feel" day to day.

I am looking forward to the time when that is all behind me - the chemo as well as the paperwork because I really have to unpack all the projects and get them sorted and into priority order so I can get some quilting done.  I will certainly be trying to get some quilting done each day as well.

Today I managed to complete a good portion of my kitchen - Gillian made me take quite a lot of stuff I had no intention of taking so I had to find places for everything.  I did manage to snag and fit in one of those great white cupboards I had in the kitchen at the store thanks to Cathie and Daniel (and Jonathan) and Gail helped too......

Okay - I'm off to have a quick snack before bed and then back to the prone position.

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann 


No comments:

Post a Comment