Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Inspiration!!!!

It really is about time I got some inspiration!  I guess you could say that I have been a little out of sorts for the past two months.  This morning started off well for a change although I did wake up in pain and had to take my OXY again.  However, I managed to get in a few phone calls from friends and after coffee and a muffin, I was feeling almost motivated.  

The T.V. seems to be on 24/7 in my room, I even fall asleep to it and there are certain programs I actually enjoy watching.  I usually watch The Chew at 1:00 P.M. and then at 3:00 P.M. Best Recipes Ever and In the Kitchen With Stefano (both on CBC).  Well, this afternoon Stefano prepared this really awesome looking (sounding) pasta dish and that's what inspired me.....

Jonathan was off today so I made out my grocery list and off he went to Metro to get all the fixin's.  Here's the picture of tonight's dinner and even my son was impressed (not an easy feat).  I haven't been doing alot of cooking lately so this was a real treat.....

My Recipe (from Stefano's Recipe)
In a large saucepan, some olive oil, 1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped, about 6 slices pancetta (or bacon, but I prefer the pancetta) finely sliced or shredded.  Season with Italian Seasoning (he used sage, so up to you) Saute until cooked, add 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly and brown on both sides.  Add about 5 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes.  In the meantime, while chicken is cooking, prepare linguini to package directions and add a full head of broccoli florets cut into fork size pieces. (I did the pasta and broccoli in one pot, as did he - why waste pots!).  Back to the chicken - once the chicken is cooked add a little chicken broth (or wine) to deglaze the pan, scraping all the little brown bits (the good stuff) off the bottom and sides. Then add a small container of whipping cream and bring to a boil.  This is your sauce.  Once the pasta and broccoli are done, drain (do not wash, the starch helps the sauce to thicken) and add to the saucepan, mix all together and let simmer about 5-10 minutes.  Serve in bowls and add grated parmesan to your liking.  Absolutely delicious and a great dish to serve to guests too!  Enjoy...... 

So, you ask what I have been up to the past month (it appears to be almost that long since I blogged).  I've been sleeping, taking pain killers, sleeping, taking pain killers, etc.....  I am really sick of this schedule and am ready to push on with my life.  

I have been able to get a few blocks done on The Farmer's Wife and tonight I worked on prepping the next 10 blocks to be stitched.  Here are the ones I've completed... 

 Block # 83 - Spider Web - 20 pieces
 Block #108 - Windmill - 8 Pieces
Block #97 - Waste Not - 12 pieces

I believe I already mentioned that I had finished another full row but nothing has been done with that yet.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get my act together and start doing some stitching.  In the meantime I am prepping blocks to be stitched so that's progress too.  I was suffering from a mental block for a couple of weeks with the prospect of having to choose fabrics for the next 10 blocks but I finally got over it, so off we go again!

Hopefully tomorrow will be another productive day and I will be up to continuing with this sudden spurt of inspiration.....

In the meantime, I'm off to bed again,

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment