Thursday, October 27, 2011

A favourite tool........

I've had the tool for quite awhile but only because one of the many patterns I've purchased over the years required them.  I finally got to use it for the stems and boy it really does the job......Bias Press Bars!  We may have some at the store but if not I'll certainly put them on the next order...........
How it works?  In this case I was using 3/8" so you sew your "stem" fabric at 3/8" with a 1/4" seam allowance, wrong sides together.  You then trim your seam allowance to 1/8" and cut your stems.  Maneuver your stem onto the press bar and center the seam and press - voila!


Here's one of my finished blocks.......
Only need 15 more - but I have all my stems ready to go......I'm not sure if you noticed but I'm actually using a portable ironing board and an iron I keep upstairs in my bedroom closet.  This way I can get my applique work done while I'm watching TV.....and I can rest when I need too, lol.....

Now that I found the Paper Pieces this project is really moving right along and I'm not having too much trouble with the neuropathy, it's really a breeze!  Gotta thank Nancy, Barb and Laurissa for these!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY !!! You're up and at 'em. Good for you Jo Ann.
    Quilting is definitely therapeutic. Keep going...we need you.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete