Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Okay....

I really have to get my act together!  I've actually been working on something but in all honesty I am finding that sleep is what I constantly crave.

Those Paper Pieces came into the store last week and I love them - they are far easier than Quilt Patis and so I'm busy working on a project I started at least 2 years ago with the Pati's but found with the "neuropathy" (side effect of the chemo - pins and needles and numbness in the hands and feet) I found them extremely difficult to work with.  The paper is much easier!  It's called Lithia Park and was posted in McCall's Quilting in February 2009 http://www.mccallsquilting.com/content_downloads/Lithia_Park.pdf .  I fell in love with it because I had the fabrics I thought would be gorgeous in the quilt.  Judith had brought in the magazine and I pounced on it, but, as we all know - best intentions!  I did start it way back when and have sporadically worked on it over the past couple of years but now I find I've gravitated back to it.  Will try and get some pics tomorrow and post my progress.....
Been a slave of the TV and my bed but am really coming along.  I see the oncologist again on November 9th and really can't wait!  I should be given a "clean" bill of health at that time but plan on being back in the store shortly, slow but steady......

Have a great day everyone....

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

  1. I told ya the papers were easier to work with! :-D Patis are too slippery, especially for the diamond shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that everything went well! sounds like you are really on the mend and sleep is a good additive in getting better get all the rest you can.
    Post your progress would love to see your project

    ReplyDelete