Saturday, November 3, 2012

At home....

I was so excited on Wednesday night when I finished sewing the last flower center onto my last small Lithia Park block - now I could get the borders on!  I laid it out on the bed and found "THE MISTAKE"!  I know it's not just me, we all do it and of course everything went downhill from there.  I started the unstitching to attempt the "quick fix", sewed it back together and really messed it up.  At that point I decided that this would need to wait for a time when cooler heads prevailed.....and into the "pile" it went!  You know the pile I'm talking about - you all have one too - I know you do!!!

So it sat in the pile and on Thursday night when I got home I busied myself with many other things and ignored "the pile" - I did say, cooler heads right!  (I was still very angry with that quilt top for not co-operating)....

Last night when I got home it was about 9:00 P.M. and I thought I could ignore the quilt a little longer but, alas, I really love that quilt and so with a cooler head I sat down and unsstitched again and fiddled and finagled until I got the centre of the quilt done - it only took a couple of hours as I also had to add the last row of the centre blocks which was what alerted me to the original mistake!  Now I only have the borders to put on and the top will be done...and then I will decide on a backing and binding, prepare the backing and binding, layer the quilt and put it in "THAT PILE" - you know the pile, the one where the quilts go that are ready to be quilted!!!!  They line up like little soldiers there on that pile, saluting as I pass by them, mocking me for my stubborn insistence that I will quilt them all myself.  Little do they know that I have a plan now!  I've always had a plan, I just never shared it with "the pile"!  My plan is to work simultaneously on my "to be quilted pile", my "to be machine pieced pile" and my "to be hand pieced or appliqued pile".....What???  That only requires 6 hands at once!  Where is the problem here?  Okay, so you are asking yourselves - how is she doing this?  (I also have knitting I'm working on!!!  A charity cancer shawl and a sock!)  Let me explain - I've got a plan!!!!

I usually make it home from the store by about 6:30 so I grab a quick dinner and from 7:00-8:00 P.M. I can quilt or piece and from 8:00-9:00 P.M. I can quilt or piece.  From 9:00-Midnite I can do my hand-piecing or applique work.  See - I have a plan!  Of course we all know about - "best laid plans"  but it's more of a guideline kind of thing!  Of course, there are still all those projects waiting to be started and that's another PILE!!!! 

Okay, that's enough for today - I am toying with the idea of starting a UFO Club at the store - you know, the kind where you have to DECLARE your UFO'S and then bring them to work on with maybe a compulsory Show & Share each week/month....Like I said I am toying with the idea!!!  Would you join - comments are more than welcome!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment