Thursday, November 22, 2012

Back at it again!

I actually got back in the groove on Sunday and got back to doing some quilting!  I was up rather early having fallen into bed at 7:30 P.M. Saturday night, so at 5:30 A.M. there I was with a cup of coffee in hand and my Urban Pods calling me......

Last night after giving the machine a good cleaning (you can see the tutorial on the Cock-A-Doodle blog www.cockadoodlequilts.blogspot.com) I continued with section 3 of 6 which you can see sittion on Sonia's table.
 On the other side of the table is the cutting station, right next to Bernie and across from Sergio.....and there's my trusty Quick Curve Ruler.
 Below is one of two segments completed for the Urban Pods pattern.  Tonight I hope to get it put together into one piece and ready to be layered - I even have the back all planned out and it uses up any extra fabric I may have left over along with a lovely light gray Kona I just got into the store.  I'm excited about this quilt and I even know I want to quilt it....very much like the original done by the designer Jenny Pedigo.  Will it be ready by Saturday - well maybe if I stay up all night tonight and don't go in tomorrow so NO! but you may get to see the top done at any rate....I certainly hope so, I've been looking forward to finishing it.
Of course, I could have had alot more completed last night but I got side tracked - ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).  It's just that with everything else going on - the move, etc. - my house looks like a bomb hit it and let's face it, Jonathan has never been much for keeping things clean, so while he was out in the early evening I tackled the 4 x 4 foot coffee table which was "drop junk central"  which took about 1-1/2 hours to clear up.

My kitchen, well I won't go into detail, but we had pretty much run out of dishes and cutlery!  I decided on War Tactics for that problem - this morning I loaded everything into Metro bags - put them into the car - took them to the store - and ran the dishwasher!!!!
I was desperate and really didn't want to be soaking and washing dishes, etc. for days so this was truly the easiest solution!  Needless to say it turned out to be more than one load of dishes!  But it gives me a leg up and if I can now keep on top of things in the kitchen at home I will have a shot at a clean house!

So tonight, I will haul it all back home and before I put it away, clean the countertops, stovetop, refrigerator and floors and then put everything where it belongs and start fresh!  Of course, as I said earlier, I also want to work on Urban Pods - so I guess I will be up all night!!!! 

At any rate - I really need to get those patterns sorted and hung today so I am off to organize!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment