Monday, March 14, 2011

Quite the challenge!

It took awhile but after about an hour and a half I managed to change over my sewing area from "sewing/piecing" to "quilting"......Sonia (the Janome) is now safely put away in her case along with "From Snowballs Come Flakes" (the next project), the iron and ironing board have found a home and all the cutting mats and rulers have also found temporary homes.

Bernie (the Bernina) is now set up and with the Snowballs quilt is taking up most of the table, as it should be!  I have begun to quilt....I have to say that this procedure of packing up one project to concentrate on another is foreign to me!  When I had the studio in the basement I was able to delegate spaces for both piecing and quilting, not having to move much to be able to do both.  This takes getting used to but on the upside it keeps me focussed on the task at hand.

Here's a shot of the quilt on the design board at the store......I managed to get it layered and pinned and then off to quilt!
As I said yesterday - I'm very pleased with the way it turned out!  I have already quilted the 8 small snowballs in the centre of the quilt.  I had decided what I was doing in the small snowballs but I was still trying to imagine what to do in the medium and large snowballs.  While I was working on the small snowballs it came to me!  Now I had to mark it......hmmm, what to use!  The Bohin Mechanical Chalk Pencil of course!

It was so easy to mark the quilt even though it was already layered and pinned!   (You are supposed to mark before you get to the layering step!)  So I'm really on my way now!

Wish I could stay home and quilt all day but somebody needs to be in the store to help customers and serve lunch!  Maybe I'll get some done tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment