Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A sneak peak!

I actually had an evening to quilt last night!  No shopping, no classes, no other pressing things to do (besides block pressing!) so I got to work on the Snowballs......

Here it is 1/4 done -

Not the greatest design wall but it works.......and here it is 1/2 done!

So - so far I'm not loving it but I'm moving right along with it - here it is 3/4 finished!

Okay - it's starting to grow on me and I would have had it finished except I messed up the last block!  I don't want same fabrics touching so I had to pull apart the last one and it was 2:00 A.M. so I gave it up!  Tonight I have a class to teach but may still get it done - I'll see how I feel when I get home.....

I do have something special planned for the borders!  Just so you know - this is a FREE PATTERN called Holy Snowballs!  Kathy made one last summer and I thought it would be a great pattern to highlight those Kaffe Fassett large prints!  I think I made the right choice but am withholding judgement until I get it finished!  My plan is to take this one to the end - then work out my design for the flakes and complete it!  We'll have to see how that goes!  There's always something tugging at me......

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment