Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Enter 2013.......

First, I would like to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

I personally have cancelled 2012!  I'm sure you can all understand why - and I hope to make 2013 a year of accomplishment if nothing else.  I believe that is my only resolution - to accomplish my goals....it's a big resolution, nevertheless, one I intend to keep!

You set your goals, big and small, and you reach for the finish!

My first goal is a relatively small one - to complete the baby quilt I started the other day.  I began quilting it on Sunday and have almost completed half of it.  I designed my own quilting pattern, which I will include in the pattern I am writing and also did some free-hand quilting - I'm not sure which of the three pictures below shows it the best but it is a heart in a heart which I've marked with white chalk, it works out to be continuous line quilting which is nice because I truly hate patterns that are not continuous.  I like the quilting to be relatively easy and flow.....

The free motion quilting begins with a heart in the white cornerstones and then a version of a vine and leaf pattern with the leaves in the design of a heart as well.  Will have to take that into account when I give this pattern it's final name.




I have decided to do some meandering in the first border (white) and then use Borders Made Easy #102 to complete the larger border (pink).  Once I've done the quilting I will post a picture.

I have to say - it's been quite a while since I've sat down at "Bernie" (my Bernina) to do any serious quilting and I have missed her.  She does such a lovely job.  I am using the Mettler variegated thread and I am very, very happy with it.  So far it has not let me down.  This is the first time I've chosen this thread to quilt with.  I usually use the regular Mettler cotton but I wanted to try the variegated and also it was the look I chose for this quilt.

It's a baby quilt so I don't want to "over" quilt it - it would be too heavy and I have used a baby flannel as the backing.

I need to start 2013 as I start every year, making a list of things I have to do tomorrow!  Not sure how long that will last this year but as I just told my son - I need to take at least 3 of me to work tomorrow for everything that I want to accomplish.....

Have a great day everyone and I hope to see you all in the New Year!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment