Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm mobile again!

After almost 2 months of relying on Rich to chauffeur me everywhere, the day finally came to go pick up the "new" wheels!  After much hullabaloo finding insurance I finally settled on CAA and all the papers were in order for the road trip and the licensing.....

Gillian picked me up at around 9:30 A.M. Friday morning and off we went to Niagra-On-The-Lake to pick up the car.  We arrived in town around 11:00 A.M. and decided to have a little lunch.  There wasn't much open so we settled on the Epicurean which I have to say I do not recommend.  I ordered Cream of Cauliflower Soup and Salmon Dill Quiche.  The soup was very salty and had a large amount of ham in it.  The quiche was also very salty and had an overload of dill.  The coffee was passable.....  I know, I sound like a food critic but since I do alot of cooking and serving I figure when I sit down to someone else's table and I'm paying for it - it should at least be decent food!  This was really not worth the money.  Gillian had the soup and a different quiche which she also found salty.....

After lunch we took a ride along the Parkway and into Queenston as she had some errands to run and then finally off to get the certification and emmissions test for the car so we could go get the car registered and licensed.  This took about half an hour, it was really quick!

On the way back to actually pick up the car we were both in dire need of coffee so we stopped in St. David at -
There doesn't appear to be a bench but the coffee was great and Gillian had a Lemon Loaf Cake while I had a Chocolate Cake with what was supposed to be meringue.  We were both impressed with the service and I would definitely recommend this place if you're in the area.  They have a number of tables in the back overlooking the creek and it was really lovely.  They also serve lunch......

Finally - the "wheels", license on and ready to go......a 2001 Kia Sportage - there are still a few things that need to be looked at but I'm driving again and that's all I care about......

Since I had to be back for the Mystery Quilt I was teaching last night we checked our watches to see if we had enough time to make a quick stop.....

WHERE YOU ASK?????  A quilt store of course!  We jumped on the QEW and headed for Jordan, Ontario.  What an adorable little town and in that adorable little town is a store named STITCHES!  ....and in that store is material, quilting material!  Not only material but yarn, the most luscious yarns you have ever seen!  I thought I had died and gone to heaven - I had to leave!  I mean seriously - how can I justify buying yarn when I haven't finished all the projects on my plate!  (So I only bought fabric!)  I have an excuse for fabric buying, I'm working on my Farmer's Wife and I NEED all kinds of fabric for that!!!!!  (As if I don't have enough in my stash.)
Gillian came in to but she is restrained and walked out empty handed.....

Then it was off to Cock A Doodle to get the clues ready and make dinner.....of course we hit rush hour so it was after 5:00 when I pulled up at the store......

But dinner was amazing - one of my favourites and really easy to prepare!

I have to admit it was a very long day and so at 12:30 A.M. I finally kicked every one out but not before Karen had almost a table runner done (the quilt is much larger)!

It'll give her something to work on during the retreat at the end of the month!  ...and I got to drive myself home!  Oh the freedom!

Now I'm off to get some work done.....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment