Monday, April 18, 2011

Progress....

I'm not sure what I was thinking!  At the house I always had two machines set up - one for quilting and one for piecing, that way I could do either!  For some reason when I moved to the townhouse I suddenly got stubborn.....(okay, not so suddenly but still!?!) and decided I had to finish one project at a time....

Look what I've accomplished since I set Sonja up again!  Saturday night I started this absolutely adorable Winnie The Pooh baby quilt - my pattern, soon to be a kit at the store!  I got the 4 patches done and the pinwheels, then I sewed the 4 patch row to the two borders, then I went to sew the pinwheel row to the border and found it was too long - RTFP (read the F------ Pattern) I had forgotten (didn't read my own pattern!) to square off the half square triangles to the size in the pattern.....

So I spent about 45 minutes searching the house for a seam ripper - not one in the house!  No where to be found.....I own a quilt store for heaven sakes, you would think I would have at least ONE seam ripper (in every room of the house!)!  I had to use my small scissor to take out the blocks and resize them!  At that point I decided to pack it in and finish the borders at the store on Sunday - which I did!

Last night we had a staff meeting - the "chicks" all went to Kathy's for dinner which was absolutely wonderful!  We spent 3 hours eating (kidding) and working out the schedule for the next two months.  I'm on an extended quilting retreat (I wish)....while I recuperate from surgery - ONLY 22 DAYS TO GO!

When I got home I prepared my Sweet and Sour Meatballs for Monday`s lunch and while it was cooking I started my next project! 

We got a book in a few weeks ago - Scrap Basket Sensations! and I grabbed one (I need to order a bunch more because we`re sold out already).... I had picked up a Bali Pop at Quilter`s Palette during the first days of their closing sale and I found the perfect project in the book - here`s the beginning of Island Chain.....  
This is a picture from the book of the quilt - this one is a real brain teaser - takes alot of concentration but I am really enjoying it (keeping my mind occupied).   I`m not sure if I`ll manage to get back to it tonight (I hope so!) because I have to soak my foot - it seems I have a piece of glass stuck in there and I really have to get it out - can`t risk a chance of infection and a cancellation of the surgery.......
Hopefully I`ll get  it out quickly and get back to Island Chain....I also have to get the binding on my Holy Snowballs so I have something to do tomorrow night at guild....I always bring some hand sewing or knitting to keep busy!

I just can`t believe how much I`ve accomplished since I set up the two machines.....so I guess my theory was not so good!  There`s just so much discipline I can take!

Okay - off to get something done!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment