Monday, May 23, 2011

I can't believe.....


....that I can keep so busy!  I used to think that there was no time to blog because I was in between home and the store all the time.  I would also blame Jonathan because he monopolized the laptop at home but now I have internet on the home PC as well and still I seem to run out of time each day....  I've been home since the 12th of May and still I can't seem to find time to fit it in?!?!  I'm thinking that I just thrive on being busy....

The first day after Chemo was a breeze and then I hit a couple of really bad ones but since last Monday I have really just been keeping busy.  Admittedly I have been doing a bit of resting up for the next "round", but I managed to finish the Island Chain top and I've surrendered the camera to Jonathan who takes much better pics.....(not so blurry)!

 I'm very proud of this one and I am planning on quilting it myself!  I have a rule of thumb now when it comes to quilting....if, in my head I have planned out the quilting of the top before I finish piecing it then it's mine to quilt, however, if I get to the end and have the borders on without that vital inspiration, off it goes to the "longarm quilter"....this one's mine!  (Note: I still have hair - lol!!!)
What have I been up to that I am so busy!?!?  Well let's see, I brought home 3 boxes of book work that needs to be done and I already had one box at home to work on.   I unloaded my stash drawers because they were sticking and now that Rich fixed them I can put it all back - I was looking for purples and yellows for a store sample that I want to make and I was frustrated because I couldn't get complete access to my fabric.

My friend Trudy came to visit yesterday and brought me some cuttings from her garden and my friend Leigh came today and helped my plant some stuff that she brought as well as what Trudy brought yesterday.  I had planned to get my planter pots out for the garden and did that yesterday and also started doing some painting of pots which is something I love doing - took me 12 boxes of stuff to find the paints so I unpacked 3 and sent some stuff upstairs to be put away as well.  The basement is still full of boxes but we're finally down 3 more!

I sorted through some projects on the go and actually started cutting out the applique for Molly's Meadow (one of the quilts on my sidebar)!  I've got Sonia (Janome) set up and am ready to make up the back of my Island Chain and maybe continue working on Molly's Meadow.  I also need to put binding on one of my completed mystery quilts that Libby quilted for me last year so I have something to do during chemo on June 1st.   I may even start a small knitting project - just for a change of pace.....

I'm the type of person who can't sit idle, I always have to be doing something or have something to do!  Whether I'm sitting watching TV or thoroughly engrossed in my quilting projects.....now I have to prioritize again because I have opened up Pandora's "boxes".....having taken a number of projects out of their hiding places!  As Elaine always says Focus, focus, focus!  So I'm going to go back to picking one for Sonia and one for Bernie and seeing if I can't get that organized and make some progress......

I am well and have had a good week but I am getting a little tired after a busy and productive day....so I think it's time to head for bed!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete