Monday, May 9, 2011

The continuing saga.......

What can I say!  I'm still here!  I spoke to Libby last night and we had a great chat about what's happening.  She came up with a great idea - we chose a name for my "tumor" - he's (of course it's a he!) is called Terry!  Terry the Tumor!!!!  She figures that I've had him long enough we should name him - I tend to agree!

I haven't been blogging recently because I've been a bit preoccupied with the store and getting ready for surgery - you know, rushing like mad to get everything done before I go into the hospital - with some side stress to go with it all!

The surgery was originally scheduled for tomorrow - May 10th!  I was completely geared up for it but it's what they call "elective" surgery and they have elected to postpone it!  Needless to say I did not get a vote!  If it were up to me I would have been there with bells on - I just want to get "on with it"!  

I have been prodded and poked for the last two weeks with this test and that test and I'm just anxious to get in and get done.  The new date is the 24th of May so hopefully they will go ahead on that date.  So we will go back to the drawing board and re-jig the schedule and that will be will all work out in the end!

I guess I can set the Bernina up again and get some quilting done, it appears I have two more weeks so that is exactly what I am going to do, and continue marking and cutting my Farmer's Wife blocks.....there'll be more to hand piece that way!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress!

Have a great day everyone!



  1. Jo Ann so sorry that your surgery is postponed...that is a drag. I see by the sidebar and the quilts you are working on the time will fly by I do hope you get in by then so we can see this worry gone and you can only worry about quilting

  2. That's the sprit! Great to hear your upbeat approach to this setback. We're all rootin' for you!