Monday, February 27, 2012

Who didn't?

My plan yesterday, after teaching two classes, was to go home, cut the fabrics for my Mystery Quilt, possibly put together my sample quilt (below), sew on the "elusive" binding for Winnie The Pooh (I still haven't found it!) and start piecing the mystery quilt.

Guess what!?!  Didn't happen!  After teaching my Beginner class and giving a 1 hour class on quilting, Barb and I shuffled off to Michael's because she had 2 40% coupons and needed me to use one for her.  OF COURSE, they didn't have either of the things she came for but I got some really cool ribbons out of their $1 bin for a project I'm working on.....

When I got home around 7:30 P.M. I was so tired that I had a bowl of cereal for dinner and went to lie down....Of course, I flipped on the TV and started watching the Oscars - so hence my question above - Who didn't!?!? - watch the Oscars, that is!

Below is the quilt I really wanted to put together last night - I was showing the girls two variations but I am planning on doing the traditional Amish Shadow....
 Traditional Amish Shadow Layout
 Another variation of the blocks - a heart is forming on the bottom.

I didn't stay in bed while watching the Oscars, I had to get up (mostly to ice my sore knee) so in order to make good use of my time I started the "search" for the "elusive" binding.  I managed to sort through alot of stuff and re-organize a bunch of projects but no binding was found.....I' can't imagine where it's hiding....

Since I can't sit idly watching TV, I did get busy on my socks! (Sock - one at a time..) and I'm slowly getting to the point where I can do the heel.  I'm so behind......but 3" are done so I'm half way there....
 The yarn is Red Heart -Heart & Sole
Razzle Dazzle which we carry in the store.

I now have a "knitting" bag which I schlepp back and forth every day in the hopes that I can get a few stitches done when there's some down time.  It works, when I'm baking something that only takes a few minutes or waiting for the water for pasta to boil, I just pick up the bag and knit a few stitches.  Currently I have two projects going, the socks and a Cancer Comfort Shawl.

I started making the shawls about 3 years ago when I was told about the project by a fellow guild member at Pieceful Night Quilters Guild.  Of course, I told a few people about the project.  Liz,  because she's Liz, went out and bought the needles and 4 balls with the intent to get two shawls done (each shawl takes 2 balls of Lion Brand Homespun).  She made an attempt but finally decided that it wasn't going to happen and dropped them off to me.  I started it two weeks ago and haven't gotten much done in the last few days but I've almost finished the first ball.
 It's another one of those projects that doesn't require too much attention.  The pattern is easy - Cast on 63 stitches, knit 3, purl 3 and that's it!  You don't really have to think too much and trust me, mistakes are hard to find.....

I keep that project in my knitting bag as well, so I can just pick it up and do mindless knitting when I've got a minute.  Before you know it, the shawl is done.  I can even knit this one in the dark....When they are done - I just drop them over to Pat at the guild and she gets them to where they need to go.

That's about it for this morning, I have to stop at Metro to pick up some stuff for lunch today - Monday Sit & Sew!  It is just so convenient living one minute away from Metro.  Then off to the store and sorting out the back storage area that we are giving up in about 3 days.....so,

Everyone have a spectacular day!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment