Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seriously......

I am not impressed!  I think I'm coming down with a cold!  I worked Friday night and today and I have to go into the store to make lunch for tomorrow but the rest of the week is all mine to rest and fight this - whatever it is!!!!  I got a little too "Cocky" there (ha,ha being the head rooster has its benefits).

On one of my trips to the U.S. I bought a series of patterns I really liked thinking they were full size quilts - when I went to start making one it turned out they are miniatures so if you didn't read the store blog - here's the quilt I worked on while I was at the store......
I went to my Farmer's WIfe stash and my Civil War fabrics and managed to hand pick each fabric - it's really adorable.....there are only 2 or 3 repeats of fabric in the whole quilt.  Now I just have to add the borders...there's a couple of little tips on the Cock A Doodle blog if you're interested - http://www.cockadoodlequilts.blogspot.com/.

I also finally got the needle and thread out again to work on my Farmer's Wife blocks.
Block 23 - Country Farm.  I've been so busy marking and cutting that I have about 20 blocks ready to be sewn.  I figured I'd better get to it.....evening work upstairs in my room....
It'll keep me busy while I recuperate from whatever this is, not to mention the original plan was to have a bunch ready to sew up while I am recuperating from surgery, just around the corner......

Will keep you all posted on my progress, blocks and health!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

  1. Love how the mini is turning out. You stayed late on Sunday to do that didn't you! BAD GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete