Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm back......

I'm back at my Farmer's Wife.  This is so cool!  It's not that I've been avoiding it but it was really difficult working on it when I didn't have space.  Now that I have space I am able to spread myself out when I watch TV and actually do my hand stitching....so, I've managed to do two blocks tonight......

Block 53 - Jack Knife

and Block 54 - Kitchen Woodbox
I have a total of 23 blocks done now.  I am embarrassed to say that I started this in January 2010 - so that is over 3 years.  Of course I can use the excuse that I am doing it by hand and that I took a 8 months off during the chemo because it was difficult to stitch by hand but even so that only adds up to about 8 blocks per year.  At that rate it will take me another 11 years to complete the blocks for this quilt.  I'm thinking I would really like to step it up a bit.....

Tonight was a stellar night - two blocks, too much TV, but if I keep watching TV I have a chance of getting much more done.....

Bear in mind I have a million other things to do,  I need to extend each day by at least 2 hours and then maybe, just maybe I will get this done....

Check out the Cock A Doodle Blog (www.cockadoodlequilts.blogspot.com) and see how long it takes to do one of these quilts by hand.....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment