Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On a roll......

It appears that I am obsessed currently with The Farmer's Wife.  Tonight I completed two more blocks.  I can't sit in front of the TV without doing something and so from about 8:00 P.M. until midnight I was hand piecing.  I completed Block #57 - Morning which I had started last night.

Block #57 - Morning

Then I also completed a second block tonight - Block #69 - Practical Orchard.  It was a very easy block with only 12 pieces.

Block #69 - Practical Orchard

That brings the total up to 27 blocks completed.  However, it now means that I have only 5 more blocks pre-cut.  I now need to re-think my strategy on this project.  I have fabric picked for 7 more blocks so I will have to start preparing those blocks - that should be Tuesdays.  Wednesdays I will piece, Thursdays I will pick more fabrics for more blocks, Fridays will be for piecing, Saturday night is hockey so I will be machine piecing or quilting and Sundays I will reserve for sashings and cornerstones.  This is my dream!!!!
(Trust me - it's a dream!)  I would love to stick to this grueling schedule but we all know - life happens and the best laid plans....etc.

This Friday is our No Machine Night - Sit & Sew at the store so I'll be bringing The Farmer's Wife to work on some preparation of blocks.

However, there does appear to be progress and in all honesty, although I will attempt to keep to this schedule, I know that it will be extremely difficult so we'll just take it one block at a time.....

I just got really excited because I finished 2 in one night!!!!  Totally motivated here!  It was that gorgeous Dear Jane that Anne has almost completed (on the Cock A Doodle Blog last week) that really got me motivated.

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment