Thursday, April 4, 2013

Getting things done.....

I spent the day at the store signing up for all kinds of social media - ugh!  Not really but it's a lot of work to keep up with all this internet stuff!  Who knew!?!?!

At home I'm stealing moments (between and during my TV shows) quilting or like this morning before I left for work I managed to get part of Block 4 done (Amish With A Twist), finished it when I got home.

I'm curious, "What kind of quilter are you?" I'd love it if you comment here, it's kind of a little survey.

I have been working on Amish With A Twist (as per www.cockadoodlequilts.blogspot.com)    but I like to do continuous piecing.  Since I'm working on one block at a time, continuous piecing doesn't quite work, unless you add another project and it's not like I don't have a few projects to work on (haven't touched the infamous 9 yet!).  I finished my serging of my Radical Rail Fence blocks (144) on Monday morning, so I figured why not.....

So far I have 8 blocks done - that's probably about 1/4 of the quilt top.  I'm thrilled, especially since I've been working on (not working on, meaning to be working on) this quilt for 6 years approximately.  Seriously, I started it in 2007, Barb will verify that since she cut all the homespun strips for me....

It feels good to be getting two things done at once, slows things down just a tad but it;s worth it.  Oh and do I make mistakes - yup!  Believe it or not I actually had to "unsew" three Rail Fence blocks because I sewed them together wrong - don't ask!  I couldn't have picked an easier project, a real no brainer, I mean I don't even have to match up blocks here but I still managed to get a few wrong.  It's all fixed now so I can continue, hopefully without making to many more mistakes....

Just have to focus!  Tomorrow, I am teaching hand piecing/quilting in the a.m. and Linda's coming in to work on her O Tennanbaum quilt which she was working on today, so it's going to be quite a busy day.....

Saturday is my god daughter's wedding - and Jonathan, as usual, has no clothes ready to wear so I'm not sure how we are going to rectify that new emergency, but we will!  Guess I have to find a Same Day cleaner near us, or near the store.  Gotta love the drama!

Sunday is the monthly Sit & Sew for the girls!   4 days off and right back into the fray!  Gotta get a newsletter done too!  That's the agenda.....never a dull moment!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment