Friday, January 3, 2014

Falling!!!

Thought it would work if I "publicized" my Things To Do list on my blog and to be honest, it has partially, but I also have to take into account the kinda day it's going to be and that is truly unpredictable.

I woke up this morning in pain and the meds just refused to kick in so the energy level is not the best.  With good intentions I wandered into the kitchen and since I have a self-cleaning oven, I turned it on.  (NOT)  It's been awhile since I used a self-cleaning oven, what can I say.... About two hours after I turned it on (I had gone to lie down) I came into the kitchen and found the oven was still cold.  Okay, so maybe there's something new here - it doesn't heat up!  Well everything was set so I sat down at the computer (I can see the stove from the computer) and just kept glancing over every now and then - until I had a EUREKA MOMENT!!!!  - duh, did you set the timer dummy!!!!  Nope!  Needless to say - 4 hours later, the oven is now clean.  It dawned on me that there are buttons on the stove that I know nothing about.....

Have not gotten to that freezer yet (there's still time) and the dishes are hidden behind a wall so I'm ignoring them for now but I may get a BURST of energy later...I'm saving my real energy for tomorrow's Sit & Bitch, so there!

I can, however report, that with Jonathan hogging the TV yesterday I settled down to some serious stitching.
 There are now 10 blocks done on Row 8.
 Block #76 - Sawtooth - 22 pieces
 Block #111 - Wrench - 17 pieces

Plus I have completed 2 more blocks.  These two blocks plus Block #58 completed previously make up the balance of Row 8.  I wish I could say I will get those attached tonight but the plan is to watch Blue Bloods and head for bed.  Need to conserve my energy for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will be doing machine piecing for a long awaited change.  Don't even have to pack because I never unpacked from my last trip to Neilson Park where Etobicoke Quilter's Guild has their weekly Sit & Sew.  I'm working on two flannel quilts - may be able to take some pictures tomorrow.  I am really looking forward to seeing the girls and getting some sewing done as well....

Thought I'd share my last "read" with you all.  This book was a surprise for me.  It's been hanging around the house for awhile and I did try to read it at one time but got bored and put it down.  I usually don't pick a book up again if I can't read it the first time but I was desperate for something so....the story line is pretty good and once you get past all the technical jargon, the writer was in the Air Force, it's a pretty good book.  It is a great read for anyone (mostly men) who are into war toys and stuff like that....in the end I enjoyed it but I don't think I will go hunting for his other books.

 Dale Brown - Plan of Attack

This is getting scary - I've managed to blog 3 days in a row!!!  Like "Dear Diary"!  I've already picked up a book off the shelf at home to read but not sure how that's going to go.  I find when I have the need to be in bed, whether for pain reasons, to rest or it's just bedtime, I like to have a book close at hand even if I just get a couple of pages read.  I tried quilting books but that would perk me right up and motivate me to the extent I would jump out of bed and check my stash for fabrics, so it has to be serious reading material.  If this one gets good - I'll share it!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment