Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Slow down.....

I appear to be experiencing an unintentional slow down.  Getting used to the new "doses" of meds is causing me to sleep quite a bit more and although I know I am doing what my body is telling me to do, I have to say, I am not particularly happy about it.

As I've mentioned before, now that I have my "Sonia" (Janome) set up and ready for sewing, I use the days that Jonathan is working to do my machine piecing and quilting. Since he was working on Thursday I should have been sewing away but instead I spent a good part of the day sleeping so it was a definite write off....

Friday was a day off for Jonathan so I was banished to my room (I actually enjoy the banishment) and was able to get some work done on The Farmer's Wife....another block -

Block #106 - Wild Rose & Square -37 pieces

This was great because I could now get Row #12 done -
Row #12 - completed

I decided to attach it to the other rows, leaving only three rows to complete.....
Only three rows left to complete and attach.....

New strategy now that there are only three rows to complete and 8 blocks to go.  I am going to start putting the three rows together as I make the necessary blocks in the order they are needed.  The excitement builds but the energy wanes.....

Rows 10 & 11 started

That's all I got done on Friday.  I did manage to get some piecing done on Saturday and Sunday and will bring you all up to date later in the week on that. Yesterday and today have been slow, very slow, as I am still trying to get used to the meds and we just upped the dosage again today.  I appear to need sleep constantly but I am managing to get a few things done....

In order to get pics of the quilt I am working on (machine) I have to get Jonathan to hold it up because it is huge.....humongeous!   I am now going back to work on The Farmer's Wife and tomorrow, Jonathan is working, so back to Cub Lake Lodge and hopefully a bunch of quilt backs.....which was the whole point in doing that quilt to begin with....

I am not complaining - anything that can alleviate the pain is worth the concession.  If that requires more sleep than so be it.....currently I am looking at all the cobwebs on my wall and am getting very tired, very, very tired!  (I can ignore them that way!)....I really should make some attempt to clean but honestly, the spiders have to live somewhere too and I don't want force them out into the cold.  Maybe I'll clean in the spring!!!  Ha, ha!

Okay back to my room....

Have a great day everyone and keep warm!!!!

Jo-Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment