Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to 2012!!!!  Well maybe you do!  If you've been following my blog for the past year you know I am very glad to see the back of 2011 - the last 6 hours are ticking down now!

....and what I am doing for New Year's Eve!!!!  I am going to pick up the keys to my new apartment!  Yep - we are on the move again!  Not too far from where we are but to a much smaller place and a place with NO STAIRS!  There are a number of reasons for the move but one of the most rewarding will be not having to climb stairs.  After last night I am even more grateful for this - I came home to find that the steps up to the courtyard in front of the townhouse were extremely icy but worse than that, the courtyard was like a skating rink.  I'm not sure exactly how I made it to the front door without falling but thank heavens I did......

The hard part about the move will be finding a way to fit three floors of furniture into a two bedroom apartment, ha! ha!  It appears I will be learning how to use E-Bay, Kijiji and Craig's List in the very near future!!!!  It's a good thing I have that big room at the back of the store to "dump" stuff until I either sell it, give it away or dispose of it!

I really am looking forward to a smaller space for a million reasons, one being, it is so much easier to keep clean.....even Jonathan will have a hard time living in squalor!  (I hope!)  There's a 24 hour Metro right around the corner (Jonathan could actually get a job!)!  We'll be on the ground floor, so, easy access from outside - won't need to wait for elevators!  It also gives us a nice little garden space in the summer.  At this stage in my life I also have no objection to "purging", whether it be furnishings or all the other stuff I've managed to accumulate over the years.

This move is going to force me to go through all the boxes in the basement that have yet to be unpacked since last February when we moved.  You know what that probably means!!!  If we didn't miss it - we probably didn't need it!!!!  In a way I'm looking forward to it but the new house will be in total chaos for the next few days,weeks, even months!
I'll just need to focus and get it done!  It should be interesting to see what's there....I have a vague recollection but I'm still not sure what's in all those boxes...... I may have to change the name of the store to "Second Hand Jo's"!!!!! ...and start selling "used" items!

I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  I wish you all everything you wish for yourselves and more!  A wonderful 2012!!!!  I just want an uneventful 2012 - a nice quiet year which will give me the time to "re-group" and turn my energies towards the store and my quilting!!!!

Hoping everyone has a great evening this evening and a Happy day tomorrow!

All the best,

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment