Thursday, December 1, 2011

What am I up to????




I'm creating!  I am actually designing a quilt pattern - always a treat!  I find writing patterns extremely hard because I have to write as if I've never done any quilting.....it's actually good practice because it helps me to go through all of the steps, but it's sometimes very tedious!  You want to be able to write so that someone who has never quilted before will be able to pick up the pattern and make the quilt!

Here's the stack of blocks which will become Half Square Triangles....... 

Then I cut them all up......
...and there they are.......

Now all placed in colours.......
Finally starting to lay out the quilt.....
I worked on it today at the store and let Nancy throw it up on the design wall - WOW!!!!  I'm totally impressed so I'm going to have to transport "Sonia" (my loving Janome) to the store tomorrow morning to work on the piecing because once it's laid out - that's it!!!!  I'm not moving it from the board except to sew, sew, sew!

Can't wait to see it come together in fabric!

Have a great day everyone -

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment