Monday, June 6, 2011

A Good Day!

It's really nice when I have a "good" day and yesterday was a pretty good day.  I finished the binding strips for Island Chain and as soon as the batting arrives in the store I can get it layered and quilted.

I also finished my Bulletin Board that I have been working on for a few weeks.  Liz donated the red Rick Rack and I added the fabric, buttons and the painting.....now I just have to get Rich to put it up near my desk and I'm good to go!  That may take another few weeks as he's so busy right now I hardly see him.....
I had purchased this fabric, with roosters of course, a number of years ago and never knew what I was going to do with it.  It's on the bulletin board - I stapled it with some polyester batting and then put the rick rack on.  I also added some decorative buttons and then painted a few flowers on.  I had some fabric left over so I made a "babushka" for my bald head LOL!
It appears that I can work anywhere - I also cut strips for a project!  Not telling yet what it is but the book on the hassock is a clue!  This book has 50 quilts in it and it's really a fabulous book.......I have 4 more strip sets to cut and then I'll be on my way.....

Aside from some on and off stomach pain so far today I anticipate another day of "production".  We can only hope - I'm off to get some stuff done today too!  I'm excited that I can actually do this!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment