Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stubborn.......



....that would be me!  As I mentioned yesterday, Barb and I had picked the perfect fabric for the sashings on my quilt but we both realized that there really wasn't enough so I showed you a second fabric I was going to introduce to alternate with and voila I would have my sashings.....

This morning I got creative (stubborn more like).  I was determined to get my sashings out of that fabric I didn't have enough of.  I measured and found that I had a piece that was 14-3/4" x 42".  If I had cut it the normal way I could have gotten 7 strips of 1-1/2" which would have given me 21 pieces 1-1/2" x 12-1/2" - I needed 31.  Soooooo.....I cut one strip of 1-1/2" which gave me 3 pieces and left me with a long piece of fabric 13-1/4" x 42.  If you divide 42 by 1-1/2" you get 28.....so that's what I did! 
 This is what I had left over - luckily there were no mis-cuts!!!!
 I stopped to make a fabulous dinner of left over corn, rice and veggies and fresh salmon....
I even had a fabulous dessert of Blueberry Crumble and ice cream......
 ....and then I finished the centre of my quilt!  I love it and I'm so glad I waited until this morning when I could mentally work out the strategy to get what I wanted.  Two more borders and I'm Done but I also have to fix the mistake - can you see it?????  It's good that I took the photo because it jumpted right out at me once I saw the photo......
I'm a little tired now so I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to fix it but let me know if you've found it.....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

  1. I had to enlarge the photo before I could find the "oops". Bummer!! Glad you found it before you went any further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it too! First row on the left, 3rd block down. It is really going to be stunning when it is finished! Have you got a name yet?

    ReplyDelete