Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Much better......

I have to say today was a much better day for me!  I managed to get the 12 blocks done on the purple and yellow quilt - am now picking out sashings - what do you think?!?!

Unfortunately or fortunately when working with the "stash" only you have to be a little creative and I am determined to use the stash.  I have half a yard (bought in the U.S. many years ago) of two purples that will have to work together on this one.  I think I've found the right mix.....

Planning on spending the day in the store on Wednesday so if you want to drop by I'll be the "guest" worker LOL....actually am going to try and get back in on a regular basis but we'll have to see how I hold out!

Barb dropped by this evening which prompted me to make dinner.... I barbecued chicken and Kitzesot (it's ground beef seasoned with cumin - delicious!)  and veggies and made some rice on the side.  I have to admit by the time I was finished I was ready to collapse so Jonathan came out and finished it all up for me!  He even complimented the meal - very unusual - but it really was good! 

It seems I'm not getting enough protein so I think I fixed that one today.  My ankles and feet are swelling and the doctor said it's because I'm not getting enough protein.....

Tomorrow I'm hoping to set up "Bernie" to do some quilting - I'm a little behind and there's a pile waiting so really gotta get a move on here.

Off to read and heading for bed....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment