Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've been missing!

I can't believe that I've been off the grid for 5 days!  It really didn't seem that long but the evidence is the blog which shows the last posting as June 7th!  At any rate I have had some pretty good days - mostly doing alot of paper work which has been long overdue.

I was getting ready for a short visit from my friend Libby and her mom, Pauline, who are on their way to Mexico for a week.  They arrived last night at around 4:30 P.M. but more about that later.  I spent 3 days cleaning the house and even though it felt like it took forever it was well worth the effort......you can actually see the floor!!!!

                                       
 ....and the coffee table is finally clear of all kinds of stuff, because it's so big it tends to be a catch all for just about everything....just organizing everything was a chore!
 For me it was a major overhaul, getting all the projects sorted and put aside.....of course it's important to let you know that not everything got sorted but the floors all clean and clear and it just feels great.  I really would love to keep it that way.....Surprisingly, Jonathan has been pretty good about this, he's been keeping it pretty clean but it's early days yet.....
 Even the hallway is clear (can't wait to get some stuff up on those blank walls - soon!).......
 So, even though it's been cleaned, the boxes of paper work and bags with projects still needed a home and the office/den is not so clean looking......it soon will be though because those boxes are going to the accountant shortly......
 Unfortunately my desk still leaves alot to be desired!  Once Rich gets that Bulletin board up I will fix up the desk and get some great stuff up on the walls.... the house is still a work in progress but it's slowly coming along......
So in honour of Libby, since she went to so much trouble cleaning, cooking and doing laundry while she looked after me in May after my first chemo treatment I wanted her to know that all her efforts didn't go to waste.  They arrived yesterday afternoon and then came Suzi and Barb and the 5 of us headed out to dinner at Zets out by the airport!  The best food ever!  Chicken souvlaki, gyros, burgers, steaks and to die for Fish & Chips!  You can't go wrong - the food is amazing!  I've been going there for a number of years and I introduced Libby to it a couple of years ago - she never misses an opportunity to go there when she's in town.....

We all went back to my place for dessert, Strawberry Shortcake, and coffee!  Admittedly I was exhausted but it was an amazing evening spent with good friends.  Libby brought two quilts which she machined quilted for Suzi and they are both absolutely amazing.  Once Suzi has the binding on them I'll ask her if I can take some pictures......Libby is an extremely accomplished machine quilter, all this in one year, she took to it like a duck to water!

Speaking of quilting, I started my "Milestone Diary" today.  It's basically a list of the things I want to accomplish each day (the blog was #7 but so far I still need to do 2-6, I skipped ahead for the blog).  It's not that I have to accomplish everything each day - it's just a guide for me, but each time I tick something off I feel great! 

Barb took me shopping on Friday evening and it took me two hours to go through Metro - it never took that long before, I feel so slow moving!  The walking is a chore but I got everything I needed and that included quite a bit of fresh meat.  This afternoon, in two sessions, I prepped and froze what we're not using immediately.  That used to take 1/2 hour to an hour, today I had to split it up but still I got it done.  Learning my current limitations appears to be part of the process here.  Before I would just push on and then end up sick or just not feeling well.  Now, I stop as soon as I feel I've had enough....

So now I'm off to layer and pin two baby quilts, maybe set up the Bernina and/or the Janome and quilt or piece....I fgure I owe myself some "fun" time and relaxition and that begins with a Q for quilting!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-An

No comments:

Post a Comment