Thursday, February 10, 2011

A great day and another UFO!

It has been awhile since I've done something for ME!  Everything that has been going on in my life for the past six months has been triggered by existing circumstances, so although each of these instances seem to have been about me, they were decisions made due to circumstances beyond my control.

Yesterday was for ME!  I scheduled a Miniatures Class with Elaine at the store because I wanted to learn how to do miniatures.  Luckily there were three more people who also wanted to learn this fun technique! Barb, Nancy and Helen!  It was actually my birthday present to myself!

The day started out on a high note - Jonathan came into my room to wish me a Happy Brithday and then made me coffee!  I'm sure he would have made breakfast but we had not yet gotten around to getting groceries.  Coffee was great!

My taxi - Rich (I am now without a car for the next little while) arrived promptly and off to the store I went.  Since all of my sewing stuff is mostly at the store there was nothing to take with me....

The class got underway and as usual Elaine was full of great tips and ideas!  I love taking classes from Elaine, I actually come away knowing what I'm doing!  It's so rare I get to actually take any of the classes we offer that it was a major treat for me....and Kathy provided lunch!  It was delicious!  A cold stuffed Pork Roast with Cranberry Chutney(homemade by Kathy), an asian salad and for dessert a lovely South African cake (can't remember the name) with blueberries and whipped cream!

So here are some pics from a fabulous class......First there's Nancy and Elaine.  Nancy got the most done - there's always one of those in the class but she was completely focussed...
There's Barb trying to show one of Elaine's miniatures and the little quilt top on the table is what we are all aiming for in our chosen fabrics.......
Okay, so Barb figured out how to turn this little gem around - it has little tulips and the border is half square triangles.....amazing little mini.....
This is Barb's and it's going to be gorgeous....really bright and fun!
This one is Helen's and again it will be really bright and fun......
This one is mine - a little dull but I wanted to choose colours that I am using in the house because I already have a spot for this little gem.....however, I now have another UFO to add to my growing list!  Luckily I am working tonight so maybe I'll get some more done.... 
The class officially ended at 3:30 p.m. but Barb and I stayed on to get more done.  Then suddenly I realized I hadn't gotten my license renewed and today was the last day.  Thank heavens Barb was there - she drove me to the Service Ontario office (there's one in the little plaza near Castlefield on Dufferin) and I got that done.....

My taxi arrived promptly at 6:00 p.m. and we were off to Costco!  I have a serious love/hate relationship with that place.  I buy for the store, the house and Rich and I split alot of stuff between his house and mine so it can get quite costly but overall the prices aren't bad and the products are good!  Making a list is usually the better way to go but last night was more or less getting the necessities and that took awhile.  So we had my birthday dinner at Costco!  I had their corned beef sandwich which is always good....

Then off to Walmart - not my favourite place but we were actually going to get something for a friend of Rich's - so I finally got my cuphooks and a few other little things I need for the new house....

Finally, after dropping everything off at the house for Jonathan to sort through (he wasn't happy) we were off to Aroma on Bloor (at Bathurst) for a fabulous latte and croissant!  All in all it turned out to be a fabulous day (except the grocery shopping!)!  I literally fell into bed exhausted....

Okay, off to get ready for today!  Doctor's office, Pre-op at 1:00 and the buyers want to see the house at 4:00 p.m..  Need to be at the store by 6:00 p.m. - gonna be a busy day!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment