Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A little bit scary........

Unpacking can be just a bit daunting!  Placing furniture and organizing everything can be ovewhelming!  There are alot of boxes in the basement......and some furniture that I thought was going one place is ending up in other places but it's really amazing how much has been accomplished in 4 days.....

Yesterday I was at the store all day and taught last night - then I came home and tackled 8 boxes of fabric, books and quilt kits.  I had asked Jonathan and Rich to move a bookcase and a dresser up to my bedroom so when I went up to bed last night I ended up rearranging furniture and filling drawers.....seems never ending but I can really see the light at the end of this tunnel.

The living room is completely painted and now we can paint the "box" room (den/office) whcih will really allow for major organization.....I'm actually getting excited about tackling that room.....I don't want to unpack the room until it's painted or we'll be moving books and stuff 10 times.....

So now to the scary stuff!  When I staged the house, way back in late November, I packed up my studio.  I realized how much I had but I ignored the immensity of the stash and kits and just kept packing.  Well, suddenly, while unpacking last night I came across a skinny journal with a rooster on it and I thought - wow, I could list all my projects!  Big mistake!
So as I was unpacking, I started listing!  This is scary - so far, I have over 30 kits which have not even been started!  Then there's all the UFO's (these are started projects) - low count so far because I have most of it at the store (hiding at the store).....Then there's the projects which are quilt related but not actual quilts!  Then there are the "unstarted" quilt related projects......see what I mean!  SCARY!

I have one week to get the first floor organized, the second floor just needs painting!  Everything up there is pretty much organized already.  Then the machines come home!  I go for surgery one week from today and will probably be convalescing for a few days - I'd say about a week so the plan is to hunker down and get some quilting done!  Of course, we'll see how I feel - I'm trying not to be unrealistic (can I start and finish 30 projects in a week?!?! Ha, ha!) but I would love to get some stuff done for a change!

For now I am off for a very busy day - Bank Appraisal at the house for 11:00 a.m., then maybe do some packing up there (there's still more stuff).  Need to get my driver's license renewed, do some banking, get some groceries, return the car and get back to the store for 6:30 p.m. for Sampler Club - Dear Jane, Dear Hannah, Farmer's Wife and Nearly Insane!  It will be nice to sit and piece quietly for a few hours.....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment