Monday, February 21, 2011

I got distracted!

There I was, feverishly working away on Snowballs and "Flakes" and totally focused on what I was doing.  It's good to stay focused - I get things done if I stay focused!  But, it was not to be......

Rich showed up and started painting the "box room" - otherwise to be known as the den/office.....here are the before photos......these were actually taken before the furniture was dumped in there on moving day......

He really had to work around the boxes and the furniture so we knew he was not getting the whole room done.....however, once he finished the area behind the bookcase and one other wall, it was time to start unpacking some of those boxes......I had to get started so that he'd be able to paint the rest of the room.....

I love the colour I chose - it's a really warm yellow and the bookcase looks great!
The other wall is coming along good too and now I can fill up the big cabinet.....
He had to stop there but there really isn't much more for me to do so he has room to finish the painting (hopefully later today!?!?!)....
Once this is done, I will actually feel like we can live on the first floor - of course the basement is a whole other kettle of fish - it has now become the box depot.....I'm already debating which room he should paint next.....either the kitchen or the guest bedroom!

There is a "bit" of work I need done in the kitchen and I also have to be prepared to paint the bookcase I have in there (part of the new decor) so I may hold off and head upstairs where pretty much everything is ready for painting......but it's coming along!

I even made time to make dinner last night!  Jonathan said "the food is great!"  Note the compliment to the food - not the cook!  This is the first time I've made a "meal" in the new house - getting used to a new cooking space and appliances is always a 50/50 prospect but it worked out great!  I had a half bag of small potatoes which I wanted to use up!  I was going to do Garlic Roast Potatoes but could not find the Olive Oil and am wondering if I really have any at this point.  In the end I cut them up, skins on, boiled them and added butter, salt and pepper and mashed them - they were fabulous!  I also fried up some mushrooms and made broccoli which I mixed and then served it all with Ketzizot - these are ground beef cigars which I mix with Matzo Meal and an egg, adding salt, pepper, fresh parsley and lots of cumin.  I fried them in oil (Mazola)....and they were also delicious.....we were both stuffed!  I even threw some Pillsbury Dinner Rolls in the oven to complete the meal!  It was great!

The plan for today is to finish unpacking the boxes in the den that I can put away and then get back to Snowballs and "Flakes".......possibly finishing up with a Farmer's Wife block while I relax upstairs.....better get started!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment