Saturday, February 19, 2011

So here's the scoop......

The "procedure" went well and on a scale of 1-10, 10 being excellent, North York General Hospital rates a 25!  I was really impressed - the nurses were fabulous, the anesthesiologist was a Prince and everything went relatively well.  Of course, I have no idea what was done!  Duh, I was knocked out at 2:15 P.M. and woke up at 3:15 P.M. and all was well with the world.....my world anyway!  Thanks Liz, for all the reading material - it was a long wait in the pre-op waiting room and it gave me something to occupy my mind....good choices too!  There are more quilts to be made!

My friend Mucie was with me all the way and I was home by 5:30 P.M. - results next week - I hope good!  I was lucky enough to get a nice shot of Demoral before I left the hospital so I was feeling no pain....for two days in fact!  I felt great on Wednesday....

Thursday I woke up with some pain and Friday a little more.... wouldn't mind another shot of that Demoral but I am definitely on the mend.  Wednesday I thought I'd go back to work on Thursday - now I'm thinking I'll stick with the original plan and take the week to recuperate.....

I've managed to get some boxes unpacked and sort out some stuff but the guys - Rich, Jonathan and Jonathan's friend Ian were kind enough to rent a U-Haul yesterday and bring the rest of the stuff from the house over - I'm afraid to go down to the basement!  It's really got to be scary down there!  Maybe tomorrow if I feel up to it!

The truth is, you can't keep a quilter down - so today I managed to clear a spot!  I vowed not to start a "new" project BUT!!!!, (always a but)  I had to!  Actually it was the closest project at hand and it's a relatively easy one - should do up pretty quickly!

Here's my new studio/dining room - had to improvise for lighting because Rich hasn't had a chance to hang the chandelier yet, hopefully soon, but I was determined to make this work.....

In addition, I decided to go at this project a little differently than my usual way!  I am using a new methodology - first, cut out all the elements of the quilt, mark what I need to mark and then set up my sewing machine (Sonia of course) and start sewing the blocks together.  This may sound a little crazy, I mean don't you always do it that way - but no, I have a habit of just cutting as I go.....for this quilt it makes sense to cut everything first and then start the next stage - piecing!  For my space - it makes sense to get in the habit of doing things this way!

My plan for tomorrow is of course to piece, piece, piece!  Then maybe I'll venture down to the basement to see what's really going on!  Maybe I'll show you some pics of my other "sanctuary"!  It's awesome and worked out really, really great the last few nights when I wanted to get away from everything but still wanted some quilting near me!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment