Friday, February 11, 2011

It amazes me!

After a very busy day yesterday I went back to the store to relieve Nancy at 6:00 p.m. and had to meet with the contractor from the unit he is renovating right next door.  I won't get into details but our discussion became heated and it was extremely stressful for me... Barb arrived in the middle of this discussion so we (the contractor and I) came to a quick understanding and he left....

The plan was for Barb and I to work on our miniatures.....I of course needed to calm down and this was just the ticket!  We quickly got down to business and progress was made....

Here's mine - it's starting to shrink! 
 Barb's is shrinking at the same rate........
We are both being very methodical, sew, check, trim - that's the key with this one!  Both of us have the same problem with those pesky Friendship Stars!  Somehow, no matter how careful we are, we manage to get one side that just isn't right!  It can be frustrating but taking it slow helps....What amazes me is that by the time we called it quits, around 10:00 p.m. I was completely relaxed! 

I have proven my own theory - doing anything related to quilting is relaxing!  Even if you only give it 15 minutes to 30 minutes a day - you've progressed with something and you feel that you have accomplished something.....I honestly believe this to be true!

I had my Pre-Op yesterday afternoon at North York General Hospital.  I have to say that it was a breeze even though it took 2-1/2 hours.  The Pre-Op nurse explained everything including the side effects of the medication I need to take before the surgery.  The tests - blood, cardiogram, blood pressure, etc. went without a hitch and all the staff are very respectful and kind.  The last stop is the anestesiologist and she was also very helpful.  So everything's a go for Tuesday.

We (Rich and I) treated ourselves to a fabulous lunch at around 3:30 p.m. at Pancers on Bathurst (just north of Wilson).  Their corned beef and potato salad is the best!  Then we went to let the "buyers" into the house to do measurements.  The timing wasn't great and there was a bit of an issue with the other real estate agent but at the end of the day it all worked out.....

Since I had such a relaxed feeling after working on the miniature quilt I decided to take The Farmers Wife home with me and managed to mark and cut a few more pieces before I went to bed.....however, I did forget to take my box of fabrics so will have to grab them from the store today so I can keep working on it!

I'm almost ready to bring Sonia home (my Janome 6260) and get back to working on Molly's Meadow - I'm so excited!  To actually be in a position to set up a sewing machine so quickly is really a great feeling!

There are still boxes to unpack but I need to get the den/office painted before I can continue organizing the first floor so, until that's done (the paint is here - just waiting for the painter to get the urge!) I'll have to find something else to do - quilting works for me!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment