Saturday, February 19, 2011

My other sanctuary.......

There were alot of things that determined where I would choose to move after selling the house - one, and probably the biggest factor was the furniture.  I really didn't want to start over - selling the furnishings I loved, getting no where near what they are worth and then buying new stuff to fit into another place....  The second factor was location - I wanted to be within 1/2 hour of the store!  The third and least important was - do I love it!

When I saw this townhouse the first time - I loved it!  It was 15 minutes from the store and the only thing I had to give up was my fabulous Harvest Table in the dining room which now resides very happily at my friend Libby's in Windsor.....

Little did I know how lucky I was!  I knew a "studio" was going to be a challenge!  While I was waiting patiently (didn't really take that long) for the house to sell - I was already planning furniture placement and room usage!  I knew that - at least in the beginning - the dining room was going to double as my "studio" and I had no problem with that....I also have the little den/office off the kitchen (currently the "box" room) which I thought I could set up to be a place to go to do my hand piecing, applique, etc.... thereby giving Jonathan a little private space but little did I know that I would have another quilting "heaven"!

My bedroom has turned out to be a real sanctuary!  Simon loves it too, that's him on the end of the bed.....it's amazing how much furniture fits in this room!  This is the 'sleeping" side.....
This photo is taken from the side of the bed and there's a 3 seater couch and a coffee table in front of it that you can barely see - there's still about 3 feet behind the couch to access double closets.......
....and what, pray tell, is on the coffee table????  Could it be The Farmer's Wife??!!  In the past few days I've cut and marked another 3 blocks to hand piece.  The TV can be seen from the sofa or the bed and I can sit and stitch to my heart's content....some night's I may just "retire" early to this wonderful sanctuary!  I really had no idea it would work out so well!  I'm thrilled.....to say the least!   
Of course there are curtains to be made and painting to be done, and quilts to be hung on walls, etc. but all in good time.  I know now I couldn't have picked a more comfortable home....

On that note - I am off to quilt!  Working in the dining room today.....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment