Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trials and Tribulations!

The order of the day - getting things done!  Yesterday began with my second meeting with a mover to get a quote!  His quote was so good I signed on the spot!  However, my son weighed in with "he and his friends will move us!"!  It was pretty tense in the house - Rich and I just sat there looking knowingly at each other as I signed the contract!  He really has no clue what this entails.....or why people use "professional movers" to move their valuables.....

Then I called the store to find out what was going on!  Sharon informed me that the water was turned off at 10:00 a.m. and hadn't come back on yet - it was 1:30 p.m. and I had to prepare dinner for 14 by 6:00 p.m. - this was not good news!

I rushed over to the store to see if I would be cooking at home and then transporting dinner or if I would have enough time to get everything done.  Luckily the water came back on around 2:30 p.m. so we were good to go!  I got busy preparing dinner and getting some stuff done in the office -

I have to say I love Friday night Sit & Sew, especially when I actually get to do some sewing too!  ....and I did!  I am embarassed to tell you that I am still struggling with Laurissa's quilt (which I intend to have done this weekend), that black on black is really murder on the eyes even with the Bendable Bright Light but I can say that without that BBL I would be sunk!  It's almost completed - another hour or two and I'll finish it tomorrow come hell or high water as they say!

Today was Heroes and Tiia brought a fabulous cheesecake, an Anna Olsen recipe with Bailey's Irish Cream - it was absolutely decadent!  I really need to get that recipe!  That was breakfast and lunch for me!  After work Jonathan and I went to Swiss Chalet to meet up with "family/friends", Mucie and Dov and my godson Oren and his son Shai!  Shai is now 14 months and just an absolute joy!  Every time I see him I just want to eat him up!  Loves to be kissed and when you ask him how old he is - he holds up one finger!  He's precious!

Then home to start packing but before I did I took pictures of the dining room from both angles for posterity......

I'm going to miss this house, but it will be fun to compare this to the new place!  I think next to my first love, which is fabric, my second love is decorating!  Aside from paint, there's really not much I have to do except place furniture and make loads of quilts to hang on walls, drape on sofas and adorn my new home!  It will really be great therapy for me to concentrate on this!  I need a good, productive year of quilting!  I mean really, don't we all! 

The intention is to take my time and do it right!  Of course, you may all be pretty bored by this procedure...it will include making a list of all of the UFO's I will be unpacking along with the stories that go with them!  But sometimes it's fun to see what others have stashed away!  You'll be surprised!  I could WIN the MOST UFO's category hands down!  They will be numbered......lol!

I still fully intend to finish Molly's Meadow first!  I already have a really good idea which wall it will eventually end up on.....stay tuned!

By the way - packing is a real pain in the butt!  I did get one box done tonight and will probably finish the dining room tomorrow night.....but there's way more then I thought there was (so what else is new!).....

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment