Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It was nice being home the past two days!  We closed around 3:30 P.M. yesterday and I rushed home and put the Prime Rib in the oven....

The plan was to have a nice dinner around 7:00 P.M. and although we did have dinner around 7:30 P.M. but I really wasn't impressed!  I think from now on I will reserve my Prime Rib experiences for restaurants, either that or I will think twice about where I purchase it!  I took advantage of that Metro deal last week thinking I was really getting a deal!  The meat turned out to be tough and stringy - I was very disappointed! 

I have been quietly working on a quilt top I was not supposed to start until I finished some other projects, but there it was, sitting there IN MY FACE and I couldn't resist!  Molly's Meadow!

It has taken over my living and dining room with a number of work stations.....above is where I'm working on the applique blocks!  Here are the completed applique blocks....

Here is where I'm chain piecing my checkerboard blocks.......

.....and here are the completed ones!

It is my reward to myself for completing the charity quilts for Gillian!  It is the reward to myself for successfully living in a fish bowl, under a microscope for a month!  Okay - it's just an excuse for starting this project!  After I posted the two "customer" photos of quilts they had completed on the Cock A Doodle blog, I realized, this quilt already has a designated spot in my new home so why not!

Anyway, since I really only have tonight and tomorrow night to work on this before I return to the fish bowl mode - I'm off to do some quilting!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo-Ann


1 comment:

  1. Jo-Ann - Your interpretation of Molly's meadow is going to be stunning! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete